WEDGEWOOD SWIM CLUB
Operating Rules & Procedures
The following rules governing the use of the pool and club facilities have been formed to assure you, your family, and other members maximum enjoyment and safety. Please read them carefully and see that you and your guests understand them.
- Use of Wedgewood Swim Club facilities and grounds is reserved for members and their registered guest(s) during the hours the facilities are open for use. The staff is authorized to require and request identification of persons at Wedgewood Swim Club.
- All persons use the pool at their own risk. The Club is not responsible for any accidents or injuries.
- All personal injuries, regardless of how slight, must be reported immediately to the lifeguard on duty and a record made of the same.
- Guests may visit the pool with a member for $10 entry fee per day.
- All members and guests must register on the appropriate sign-in sheet and present their tag when entering the pool area. Members must remain with their guests for the duration of the visit.
- Members shall assume responsibility for the conduct of their guests and will be liable for any damage their guest(s) may incur.
- Lifeguards are in complete authority at the pool during pool hours. Failure to comply with their requests will be grounds for ejection from the pool, suspension or expulsion without reimbursement.
- The pool may be closed, or use suspended, as necessary for maintenance purposes or any time deemed necessary by the lifeguards for health or safety reasons.
- Pool hours are noon (12:00 PM) to 8:00 PM, unless posted otherwise.
- The provisions of the Delaware State Board of Health take precedence over all of these rules.
- Swimming is not permitted unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Personal clothing, towels, bathing suits, pool toys or floats shall not be left in the pool complex overnight.
- Pool chairs and tables may not be reserved in advance.
- Any person having obvious communicable disease, skin eruption, fungus, infection, eye, nose, or throat infection, or wearing bandages may not use the pool.
- Soap and towels must be kept out of the pool.
- Expectorating or blowing of nose in the pool is prohibited.
- Trash & recyclables must be deposited in receptacles provided.
- The pool will close early on days the swim team is scheduled to host a meet at our pool . Additionally, the pool may open a few minutes late on due to home Saturday meets . Notices will be posted on the bulletin boards in the breezeway.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swimming garments or diapers specifically designed for pools. Cloth or regular disposable diapers may not be worn in either pool.
- The wading pool is for the use of children under six (6) years of age.
- Children in the wading pool must be under the direct supervision of a responsible person who is at least 12 years of age. This person must be inside the fenced area of the wading pool at all times with the child/children, whether or not, the child/children are in the water.
- An adult must be in the main pool with a small child at all times. This will be at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
- The basic swim test shall be demonstrated before a lifeguard for children who wish to swim in the deep end of the pool. Only one person at a time will be permitted on the diving board. No diving will be permitted from the sides of the diving area when diving boards are in use. Only one bounce is permitted per dive. All diving must take place from the end of the diving board and must be outwards and not towards any side of the diving area.
- Diving is only allowed in the diving area. Swimmers may enter from the sides of the diving area only when the diving board is closed.
- Running, pushing, dunking, or other undue disturbances will not be permitted in the pool area. Ball playing and floats in the pool will only be permitted at the discretion of the lifeguards, when pool is not crowded.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY TYPE (BEVERAGE, SUNTAN LOTION, ETC.) SHALL BE PERMITTED WITHIN THE POOL ENCLOSURE.
- Articles that are lost or found shall be reported to the lifeguard. There will be a lost and found collection which will be cleaned out weekly. Any articles left will become the property of Wedgewood Swim Club and disposed of as seen fit. The club assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
- No pets are permitted within the pool enclosure at any time.
- Abusive and inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is not permitted within the pool gates, there is a designated smoking area just outside the pool gates.
- Eating is permitted; it is expected that you clean up after yourself if a spill occurs or if garbage is on the ground.
- Absolutely no skateboarding, scooters, or roller-skating on pool property, including the parking lot.
- All members and guests shall drive slowly and carefully on pool parking area. There is an emergency entrance and an entrance to lower parking lot that must remain clear at all times.
- Vandalism by members and/or guests may result in forfeiture of membership and is subject to prosecution. Costs for repairs to, or replacement of any damages to club property will be charged to the responsible member.
- Unauthorized entrance to the pool area or buildings during off-hours will be cause for suspension of membership for at least one year and is subject to prosecution.
- If you see a violation of these rules, report it to the lifeguards if not seen so that it may be ended promptly.
- There will be a $30 fee assessed to all returned checks.
Children under the age of 12 will not be permitted in the pool area without an adult or other responsible person, i.e. babysitters age 12 and above. Wedgewood Swim Club and Progressive Pool Management, Inc. will not provide childcare services.
These rules are subject to change; please check periodically for updates. Members suggesting changes may do so by submitting proposals in writing to the Pool Committee. The Wedgewood Swim Club committee will address any question as to the interpretation of these rules.